Friday, June 27, 2008

Tile~Wood Paintings

At the time we bought this home, while it was under construction, I had painted tile for close to one hundred homes.  This home was the first time I had the opportunity to paint the tile for our home.  The builder gave me three weeks to get the two bathrooms and the kitchen tile painted for installation.  I purchased the tile and got high behind the drawings and the painting.  At the time I had commissions for other jobs for a builder and a home buyer.  As you can imagined I was very busy as those deadlines went rushing across the calendar.  Two weeks later I received a call from my builder telling me that he needed the tile now, that they were ready to install it and that the tile man was scheduled to do the work in 2 days.  OMgoodness, I delivered the tile unfinished, but all that tile looked gorgeous and I was pleased, but I knew that I could have done a lot more to reach the perfection that is always my goal.
The terra cotta pot holds violets and the dragon fly that hovers is not shown here. 
The strawberries are painted on a routed block of wood.  I have taught the strawberries to many oil painters and china painters.  They are a favorite to paint and to eat. 

No comments: